Students demonstrate their knowledge of note values by attaching notes next to the number of pictures that correspond to the counts in those notes.
1. Print the background and glue it to the inside of your file folder
2. Write "Quarter, half, whole" on the file folder tab
3. Laminate the entire file folder
4. Laminate and cut out each note
5. Attach velcro to the back of each note
6. Attach each note to the correct spots on the background according to how many beats each note gets (quarter note is placed in rectangle with only 1 picture, etc.)
7. You can either package tape an envelope to the file folder to store the pieces in, or attach additional velcro on the blank side of the file folder to return the scrambled pieces to.