Scale and Key Bundle
|PRODUCT TYPE||Digital Download|
Complete your students' understanding of scale and key with these 3 interactive resources (also available separately)
ABOUT EACH RESOURCE
Note Team Builder
Ever have a student struggle to understand why some notes become sharp or flat in different key signatures? Let them discover the answer for themselves using this hands-on, interactive game.
How to play:
Team StickeyTM needs your help! Help the 7 players decide who needs to move to keep a valid Note TeamTM formation.
- Spin the solfa wheel to show 7 circles on the pitch wheel.
- Start each player on his assigned absolute pitch, then move the players one position clockwise (and change to sharp) or counterclockwise (and change to flat) as needed to fill the solfa positions.
- Once all the positions are filled, you have your Note Team! The player on do is the name of the major key; the player on la is the name of the minor key.
Use the Solfa Slider to apply the Note Team Builder to the piano!
- After building your Note Team, find the note name of the character on do.
- Position the Solfa Slider so that do is behind a piano key that plays that note.
- Play the scale for your Note Team by playing every key in a solfa position. Start on do for major scales; la for natural minor scales.
Zig-Zag of Fifths
No need to memorize the order of sharps or flats in a key signature! Simply arrange the group of 3 characters (CDE) above the group of 4 (FGAB), then zig-zag your way through to add sharps or flats.
The Zig-Zag of Fifths resource includes 2 posters, a student worksheet and answer key.