Tempo marks game for beginner music students - Need for Speed
|PRODUCT TYPE||Digital Download|
With this game, you’ll feel the need…the Need for Speed! By associating those unfamiliar Italian tempo words with a race track, your students will quickly figure out which tempo allows them to go faster.
After all, would you rather your race car move at a Lento, a Moderato, or a Vivace pace? I’ll take Presto, please!
How to Play
- Remove any tempo marks you don't want from the card deck and place the board and cards in the middle of the players.
- Place a game counter for each player on the yellow circle of arrows at the start of the road.
- Players take turns to draw a card and move forward as follows:
- Largo = one step
- Lento = one step
- Adagio = two steps
- Andante = roll one die + 1
- Moderato = roll one die + 3
- Allegretto = roll 2 dice
- Allegro = roll 2 dice + 2
- Vivace = roll 2 dice + 4
- Presto = roll 2 dice and double it!
- The winner is the first to go off the end of the road on the other side of the board.
To assemble this game:
- Print out the game board (pages 3–6). Trim along the dotted lines, laminate if desired and tape the board pieces together.
- Print out the game cards (pages 7-12) double-sided. Trim along the dotted lines.
- You will also need a game counter for each player (button, eraser, small toy, etc.) and 2 dice.
This adaptable game will give your students an opportunity to review tempo marks and how they relate to each other.
- Theory Concepts Covered: Tempo marks
- Student Level: Late beginner and up
- Activity type: Board game
- Number of players: 2-8 players
- Seasonal: Not season specific
GET A BETTER DEAL!You can get this game, over 250 others and so much more as a Vibrant Music Teaching member! Learn more and sign up at vibrantmusicteaching.com.
(If you're a TopMusicPro member you can even get a discount on Vibrant Music Teaching membership in the discounts section!)