Make sure the early intermediate music theory concepts are fully understood and remembered with Thinking Theory Book Two Plus. This book further reinforces concepts learnt in Thinking Theory Book Two so you can be sure your student is ready for Book Three.
This book is designed with the student in mind. All concepts are revisited in different ways throughout the book. This systematic and consistent review means that students are learning for the long term, not just for a one page worksheet.
Note Values: Semiquaver, Quaver, Dotted Quaver, Crotchet, Dotted Crotchet, Minim, Dotted Minim & Semibreve (USA terms are used in the USA version)
Rest Values: Semiquaver, Quaver, Crotchet, Minim & Semibreve (USA terms are used in the USA version)
Time Signatures: 2:4, 3:4 & 4:4
- Landmark Notes: Low C, Bass C, Bass F, Middle C, Treble G, Treble C & High C
- Note stem rules
- Grouping Semiquavers, Quavers & Rests in Simple Time (USA terms are used in the USA version)
Dynamics: Pianissimo, Piano, Mezzo Piano, Mezzo Forte, Forte, Fortissimo, Crescendo & Diminuendo
Tempo Marks: Ritenuto, Ritardando, Rallentando, Allegro, Allegretto, Moderato, Andante
Expression Marks: Dolce, Grazioso & Cantabile
Markings/Symbols: Accidentals, Staccato, Slurs, Repeat Marks, Fermata, Accent, Stress, 1st and 2nd Endings, 8va & 8vb
Solfa: Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La & Ti
Scales: C Major, G Major, D Major & F Major
Triads: C Major, G Major, D Major & F Major
- Tones, Semitones & Enharmonics (USA terms are used in the USA version)
WHAT IS THINKING THEORY?
- Thinking Theory is a series of music theory workbooks, designed to accelerate learning while providing plenty of reinforcement of each concept.
- All concepts are presented in a clear and concise way and page layouts are clean and consistent.
- No topic is introduced without being revisited several times later in the book.
- Thinking Theory is designed so you can start anywhere in the series. Concepts are not left out of later books, just covered more quickly.
- The flashcard games provide a unique way to learn away from the page, and make learning and teaching more secure and more fun.
- The “Level Up!” tests at the end of each chapter and book allow you to evaluate student learning and plan their next step.
- The Thinking Theory Plus books provide a lateral move for students who had finished one book but are not quite ready for the next.
- Singing with solfa (moveable do) is integrated into the theory books. Solfa helps students with ear training, transposing, sight reading and composition.
Please note that this is the US version of the book, including terms such as quarter note and measure. An international version can be found in a separate listing.