A collection of 10 Spring (And Easter) themed music games, activities, and worksheet puzzles.
1. BUMP IT (Spring Edition) - Testing note recognition (piano notes, treble clef, bass clef) - A quirky take on Bingo where players take it in turns to cover up a letter on the picture, "bumping" off another player's counter if it's in their way.
2. BUNNY RACE - Testing note recognition (piano notes, treble clef, bass clef) - A bunny version of the traditional game Ludo (Parchisi) where players identify notes in order to move around the booard, racing to be the first player to reach the Finish flower.
3. BUNNY STEPS AND SKIPS - Testing steps and skips identification - Players race around the board using steps and skips cards (moving one space for a step and two spaces for a skip)
4. BUNNY TAILS - Testing note recognition (piano notes, treble clef, bass clef) - Students give the bunnies their tails by matching up the notes and the letters
5. EASTER BINGO - Testing note recognition and terminology - An Easter take on the classic game of Bingo
6. IF I WAS THE EASTER BUNNY - Testing basic rhythm skills - Players take it in turns to clap a rhythm and say a phrase, making the pattern as long as they can until someone forgets it
7. EGGY FOURS - Testing note recognition (piano notes, treble clef, or bass clef) or dynamics (two boards included) - Two versions of an Easter themed 4 In A Row, one using note recognition, and the other using dynamics
8. HOP TO IT
- Testing note and rest values or intervals (two different types of question cards)- A simple racing game featuring cute rabbits. Players take it in turns identifying the number of beats or the interval on the card in order to know how many spaces to move. 9. FLOWERS & BUTTERFLIES
- Testing basic notes and rests and their values. - A simple matching game where students pair the flower (with a note or rest on) to the correct number of butterflies.
10. PROBLEM ON EASTER ISLAND - Testing note recognition, piano keyboard geography, rhythms, listening skills, steps and skips intervals - A series of worksheets that can only be collected with help and instructions from the teacher.
The Easter Bunny has got himself locked ein the chocolate vault and we need to figure out the code to unlock the door. Students must listen closely to what their teacher is saying, clapping, playing, and describing in order to crack the code; it's very much a team effort.
This series of worksheets was designed for use in online lessons.